Who is the Data Controller?
Tanuki Software, Ltd. is the 'data controller' of personal data collected by Tanuki Software websites, and Tanuki Software, Ltd. is responsible for deciding how personal data is collected, used, and disclosed.
What data do we process about our visitors?
If you register for an account on the Java Service Wrapper website, you will need to provide us with your full name, email address, country, and optionally your company, industry, address, telephone/fax number and website information.
If you contact our Customer Services team, we will need your name and contact information, as well as full details of your query.
Sometimes we obtain additional information about you from third parties. At present, we receive information from our resellers in order to process your orders, and also PayPal and 2Checkout (formerly Avangate) to process orders and confirm payment.
The data these companies might hold about you is collected when placing and paying for an order.
You can find their Privacy Policies on the links below:
What do we use this data for?
Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Enable us to provide you with our services, and to improve and promote our services;
- Verify your identity (for example, when you return to the website and have already logged in);
- Inform you about products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting if you have chosen to receive these type of communications;
- Send you service messages about your licenses or account registration, for example, if you have requested a password reset link, or when you purchase/renew licenses or generate license keys;
- Send you information or request feedback about features on our products and sites or changes to our policies;
- Communicate (and personalize such communication) with you through our newsletters, but only those you have consented to receive;
- Grant you access to licenses;
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our sites, products, services and operations, including by using analytics tools;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
We also log and use information about any service errors or interruptions that you have experienced in order to help us create fixes and to make technical improvements to our website.
What is our legal basis for processing personal data?
We will only use your personal data for personalization of content and services, analytical purposes if we have your specific consent to do so.
For all other uses of data set out above, we have a legitimate interest in processing it in order to monitor the performance of our websites, respond to your queries and improve our products and services.
How can you access and update your personal information?
If you are a registered user, you can update your personal information by signing in to your account page. You can also ask for a copy of the personal information we may hold about you, or for your data to be deleted via our customer services. Please note that there is a statutory obligation on companies to retain financial records. In cases where data cannot be immediately erased due to other legitimate reasons for which it must be kept, your purchase information will not be deleted during the retention period.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
Who will we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to our partners when you make a purchase, and pay via 2Checkout or PayPal.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies' lawful requests for information.
Your personal details may be shared with third party organizations we have contracted to provide services to us, which include processing data. For example, to send you the emails you have signed up for. We will only use companies who can provide adequate safeguards to ensure your data is stored and handled securely.
Please read their Privacy Policies on the below links:
We may also have to release information because of a legal requirement on us or pursuant to a court order.
Will your data be sent overseas?
Tanuki Software, Ltd. is located in Tokyo, Japan, and as you know, the Internet does not recognize national boundaries. Services on the web are accessible globally, so collection and transmission of personal data is not always confined to one country.
You should be aware that, by using the website and those of our partners or any website we link through to, your personal data may be processed in or transferred to other countries, United States for example, and you agree to your personal data being transferred or processed in this way.
Wherever your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten - you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. Please note that some of the data is collected for a legitimate interest and we need to retain it for legal and financial reasons.
- Right to restriction of processing - you can ask for us to restrict the way we process your data.
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to our processing your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest in order to process it.
- Right to withdraw your consent - you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Exercising your rights, asking questions and raising concerns:
In the first instance, please submit your request directly to our customer services.